What is TSEP?
TSEP is a simple, yet very powerful and fast PHP website search engine. It is built to index your site so it can be searched later within seconds. Some features: your own stopwords, logging, MySQL Boolean search, many languages, CSS formating.
- TSEP is a search engine for a website - for your website!
You can put a "Search this site" anywhere on your website and let people quickly find what they are looking for.
- TSEP is free of charge and open source software.
- TSEP is designed to be very easy to install and use.
- TSEP can be implemented into your layout (there is also a pre-made search page available)
With only two lines of code you can add TSEP to your website and into your layout!
- TSEP uses CSS for formatting.
You can adjust any color, font, anything of the look to your needs.
- TSEP uses indexing profiles.
The profiles enable you to split the indexing (and in future also the searching) process.
- TSEP is localized!
This means if you are running a website in the English language you will probably want to show the search page as well in English - you can do this with TSEP very easily. If you are running a website in German you can see the TSEP messages in German. French, Spanish, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Russian.... None of those should be a problem for TSEP.
- TSEP supports (MySQL-) Boolean search terms.
Please donate for us so that TSEP will continue to be developed and live on.
Many thanks for the donations go to
2017-03 Mr. Seben (Slovakia)
We are looking for developers. Please contact us.
Girish came up with the idea for TSEP and was the main developer until version 0.9beta. At this point Olaf joined in and did the main development since then (in versions higher than 0.9beta). Manfred joined the project before 0.934, Toon and Mehmet before 0.941.